‘The State of the State 2019-2020’ Report Launch
Now in its eighth-year, The State of the State, produced jointly by Deloitte and Reform, is Deloitte’s most downloaded and shared industry publication and has thousands of readers in Whitehall, the devolved administrations and across public services. Informed by interviews with 50 public sector leaders, as well as citizen and frontline service worker surveys, the report explores the challenges and opportunities facing public services and broader society.
Central to the report is a survey of citizens, which provides a platform for the most important voice of all in the public sector: that of the public. Also exclusive to the report is our research with the people who know the public sector’s challenges best: the people who run it and those who operate on the frontline.
The event delved into the findings of the report and offered commentary on the key issues facing the public sector with input from prominent figures from across the UK public sector and renowned industry commentators. There was an opportunity for the audience to ask members of the panel questions.
- Chair - Jackie Henry MBE, Northern Ireland Office, Senior Partner, Deloitte
- Ed Roddis, Head of Government and Public Services Research, Deloitte
- Sir Bernard Jenkin MP, Chair, Public Administration and Constitutional Affairs Select Committee
- Chris Smyth, Whitehall Editor, The Times
- Charlotte Pickles, Director, Reform
This event was supported by Deloitte